Last Updated: March 6, 2023
1. Our approach to privacy
2. Who is responsible for your personal information
2.1 Teero is the data controller of the personal information we hold about you. This means that we determine and are responsible for how your personal information is used.
3. Information you provide to us voluntarily
3.1 We collect personal information that you voluntarily submit directly to us when you use the Teero Website and Application. This can include information you provide to us when you request a demo, correspond with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise, subscribe for our marketing communications, or use some other feature of the website or application.
3.2 This information may include, for example, your contact details. We will indicate to you if the provision of certain personal information is mandatory or optional. If you choose not to provide any personal information marked as mandatory, we may not be able to respond to your queries or provide other services to you or respond to your other requests.
4. Information we collect about you automatically
4.1 We also automatically collect personal information indirectly about how you access and use the Teero Website, and information about the device you use to access the Teero Website, read our emails, or otherwise engage with us through the Teero Application. We use this information to provide to you the features and functionality of the Teero Website, to monitor and improve the Teero Website and to develop new products and services. We typically collect this information through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, web beacons, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, file information, and similar tracking technologies.
For more information on cookies and other tracking technologies we use, please see Section 8 below.
4.2 We may link or combine the personal information we collect about you and the information we collect automatically. This allows us to provide you with a personalized experience regardless of how you interact with us.
4.3 We may anonymise and aggregate any of the personal information we collect (so that it does not directly identify you). We may use anonymised information for purposes that include testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, improving the Teero Website and our services or developing new services and features. We may also share such anonymised and aggregated information with others.
5. How long we keep your personal information
5.1 We will store the personal information we collect for our own purposes for no longer than necessary for the purposes set out and in accordance with our legal obligations and legitimate business interests. By default, we store applicant personal data for no longer than 12 months from when it was provided to us by the applicant.
5.2 To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and the applicable legal requirements.
6.1 As required in accordance with how we use your personal information, we may share your personal information with the following third parties:
- Service providers and advisors. We may share your personal information with third party vendors and other service providers that perform services for us or on our behalf, which may include providing mailing, email or chat services, fraud prevention, web hosting, or providing analytics services.
- Purchasers and third parties in connection with a business transaction. Your personal information may be disclosed to third parties in connection with a transaction, such as a merger, sale of assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business.
- Law enforcement, regulators and other parties for legal reasons. We may share your personal information with third parties as required by law or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (i) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (ii) detect and investigate illegal activities and breaches of agreements; and/or (iii) exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Teero, its users or others.
7. Marketing and Advertising
7.1 From time to time we may contact you with information about our products and services, including sending you marketing messages and asking for your feedback on our products and services.
7.2 Most marketing messages we send will be by email. For some marketing messages, we may use personal information we collect about you to help us determine the most relevant marketing information to share with you.
7.3 We will only send you marketing messages if you have given us your consent to do so. You can withdraw your consent at a later date by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our marketing emails. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. You may not opt out of service-related communications (e.g., account verification, transactional communications, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
8. Cookies and similar technologies
8.2 We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors, to see how visitors move around the Teero Website when they are using it and to monitor the performance of certain features on the Teero Website. This helps us to improve the way the Teero Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily and to test the rollout of new features.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you as you move around the Teero Website and to remember information that you enter when you use the Teero Website, such as when you fill in a form.
- Third party cookies. Please be aware that advertisers and other third parties may use their own cookie tags when you click on an advertisement or link on our Website. These third parties are responsible for setting out their own cookie and privacy policies.
9. Storing and transferring your personal information
9.1 Security. We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, change or damage. All personal information we collect will be stored on our secure servers. We will never send you unsolicited emails or contact you by phone requesting your account ID, password, credit or debit card information or national identification numbers.
9.2 International Transfers of your personal information. We may occasionally share personal data with other companies or organizations outside EEA, for instance in the context of an outsourcing agreement. In that case, we will verify that the country has adequate equivalent protections in place, or we will sign separate agreements with those parties that meet the GDPR standards.
10. Your rights in respect of your personal information
10.1 In accordance with applicable privacy law you have the following rights in respect of your personal information that we hold:
- Right of access. You have the right to obtain:
- confirmation of whether, and where, we are processing your personal information;
- information about the categories of personal information we are processing, the purposes for which we process your personal information and information as to how we determine applicable retention periods;
- information about the categories of recipients with whom we may share your personal information; and
- a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
- Right of portability. You have the right, in certain circumstances, to receive a copy of the personal information you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format that supports re-use, or to request the transfer of your personal data to another person.
- Right to rectification. You have the right to obtain rectification of any inaccurate or incomplete personal information we hold about you without undue delay.
- Right to erasure. You have the right, in some circumstances, to require us to erase your personal information without undue delay if the continued processing of that personal information is not justified.
- Right to restriction. You have the right, in some circumstances, to require us to limit the purposes for which we process your personal information if the continued processing of the personal information in this way is not justified, such as where the accuracy of the personal information is contested by you.
10.2 You have a right to object to any processing based on our legitimate interests. There may, depending on the particular circumstances, be compelling reasons for continuing to process your personal information despite your objection, and we will assess and inform you if that is the case. You can object to marketing activities for any reason.
10.4 You also have the right to lodge a complaint to your local data protection authority. If you are based in the European Union, information about how to contact your local data protection authority is available here. If you are based in the UK, information about how to contact your local data protection authority is available here.
11. Links to third party sites
11.1 The Teero Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites, including those of our partners, advertisers, news publications, social media platforms and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check the individual policies before you submit any information to those websites.
12. Our policy towards children
12.1 The Teero Website is not directed at persons under 18 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information, without your consent, then please contact us using the details below so that we can take steps to remove such information as quickly as possible.
13. Changes to this policy
14. Notice to you
14.1 If we need to provide you with information about something, whether for legal, marketing or other business related purposes, we will select what we believe is the best way to get in contact with you. We will usually do this through email or by placing a notice on the Teero Website.
15. Contacting us